Who would you like to see at Dagenham next season?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TommyD&R

EssexDagger! wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:26 pm
TommyD&R wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:37 pm Seen a lot of Eastleigh games this season and Joey Jones is a great player, I actually hoped we’d get him after Woking went down last season. Seen him put in man of the match performances at centre mid, right back and centre back this season. Best in centre mid though, breaks up play, very comfortable on the ball, doesn’t mind taking players on either. A lot of good players at Eastleigh running out of contract who are worth looking at. I’d love to see Strevs have a go here one day too, he’s done a great job and he even told me his favourite spell as a player was at Dagenham so I’m sure he wouldn’t mind coming back one day!

Eastleigh offered Joey Jones a new contract today..
Gone Salford. We missed a trick not getting him straight from Woking.
EssexDagger!

Also Dave Tarpey has signed for Woking...

Can be a goal machine if fully recovered from injury, going to be one hell of a competitive division next season!
PatrickJ1980

We seem to be missing out on quite a few of our transfer targets according to the Chairman’s latest interview which is worrying, I think by stating he is going for promotion this year without investing heavily was a bit of a mistake!
He should of just said he was going to improve on last season would of been a better option.
Alan

I think he acknowledges that he is his own worst enemy by saying he wanted to push for promotion, but I’m actually heartened to read that he wants to do it in a sustainable way and not get us into a position that jeopardises the future of the club.
Mark

Agreed. Maybe he wasn't anticipating the kind of money that would be chucked around this summer. I'm glad we aren't trying to follow suit. Even smaller clubs are spending and we could see a few more Ebbsfleet or Gateshead situations.

Also worth noting that spending doesn't guarantee anything. Orient won the league with just a few key additions to what was a pretty average side the year before.
PatrickJ1980

Also a lot of players contracted until June the 30th so hopefully will see a few incomings then.
You are right, got to be done the right way, don’t want to end up in the mess we were in last summer!
Can’t wait for the new season, killing me being dragged to lakeside & bluewater every Saturday with the Mrs!
Lol
PatrickJ1980

New Signing Announced This Afternoon!
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:10 pm Agreed. Maybe he wasn't anticipating the kind of money that would be chucked around this summer. I'm glad we aren't trying to follow suit. Even smaller clubs are spending and we could see a few more Ebbsfleet or Gateshead situations.

Also worth noting that spending doesn't guarantee anything. Orient won the league with just a few key additions to what was a pretty average side the year before.
Very well put, let’s not forget we have a very good spine left over from last season to help build on. Sure we will get one or two familiar names in before the season starts.
EssexDagger!

Fylde snapped up Mark Yeates from Eastleigh today...great signing, Fylde looking very strong to go one better next season. Going to be difficult to compete with likes of Fylde for the league, (which is our aim next year according to our owners) We have to be careful all the quality is not snapped up and we are left fighting to sign whoever is left over..

Be nice to get a few more proven quality players in for this level before pre season begins.
ayrisdagger

PatrickJ1980 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:48 pm New Signing Announced This Afternoon!
What signing?
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Squad, positions in the style of FM because why not:

Justham GK
Strizovic GK

Gordon D/WB (L)
Clark D (C)
Wright D (RC), DM

Bonds M (C)
Robinson M (C)
Odamatey M (RC)
Phipps M (C)
McQueen D/WB (R), M/AM (RC)

Graham D/AM (L)
Dobson AM (LC)
Luque AM (RLC)

Kandi AM (R), ST
Grant ST
Balanta AM (C), ST

Deffo needs more defenders. And a right winger. Apart from that we're ok. Ish.
PatrickJ1980

Slowly starting to take shape but yes defo short on defenders!
Earlier in pre-season Taylor did state that he wanted a decent squad of 22 so I’m expecting or hoping to see another 4 or 5 through the door!
Once we pass June 30th we should hopefully see quite a bit of movement, fingers crossed, can’t wait!
Diggerthedog

PatrickJ1980 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:24 pm Slowly starting to take shape but yes defo short on defenders!
Earlier in pre-season Taylor did state that he wanted a decent squad of 22 so I’m expecting or hoping to see another 4 or 5 through the door!
Once we pass June 30th we should hopefully see quite a bit of movement, fingers crossed, can’t wait!
Taylor deemed Phipps & Bonds surplus last season so not sure they are within the 22 he mentions, I can see them going out on loan. Certainly need some defenders and with training starting Friday time is ticking.
Mark

Not sure any further wingers will be forthcoming. We have McQueen Graham Kandi Dobson and Luque who can play wide.

Need another out and out striker, a right back and 2 centre backs minimum.

Probably have plenty of trialists.
EssexDagger!

Corey Whitley has signed for Newport County!