Current Squad & Contracts

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Today's arrival of Doug Loft takes the current squad up to 28, which is a number that we'll probably be looking to trim soon. That's also not including the likes of Balogun and Bonds who, in spite of being given a squad number, won't be involved this season. It also means that we're looking stronger and developing some depth to the team. Saturday wasn't the best display especially in midfield but with Goodliffe, Hoyte, Phipps, Harfield, Bellamy, Wright and a more confident (hopefully) Reynolds all providing options aside from the XI on the pitch, I think it's fair to say that we're not too far away from Harrogate Town or Sutton United in terms of quality amongst our ranks. The only weakness would be central midfield but hopefully the arrival of Doug Loft helps alleviate that problem.

Goalkeepers: Elliot Justham, Lewis Moore
Left Backs: Nathan Smith, Liam Gordon
Centre Backs: Kenny Clark, Alex Davey, Luke Pennell, Ben Goodliffe, Manny Onariase
Right Backs: Ben Nunn, Gavin Hoyte
Wingers: Ollie Harfield, Lamar Reynolds, Alex McQueen
Central Midfielders: Jack Munns, Matt Robinson, Harry Phipps, Liam Bellamy, Will Wright, Doug Loft, James Blanchfield
Strikers: Conor Wilkinson, Angelo Balanta, Chike Kandi, Tomi Adeloye, Noel Leighton

Contracts
Wilkinson, Balanta, McQueen and Bonds - June 2020.
Phipps (January) and Kenny Clark (June) - 2021.
All loanees and contracts of every other first-team player - end of this season.

So...

How strong is this team?
How far are we away from those in the top seven?
Where do we need to strengthen?
Who, of the above list, should we get rid of?
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

I think we are quite strong on our day, as we have shown.

We’re about 11 points off the top 7. But in all honestly it’s hard to say, if we play to our potential every week then we’re up there with them. If we don’t then we’re where we are now.

I think we could have one better left sided winger, and a good squad level central midfielder that could replace Wright. Maybe one of the kids are already at that level. Aside from that, barring injuries I think we have a solid squad. Although against my own will I’m coming round to the idea of a better right back.

I think we could easily do without Davey, Wright, Blanchfield, Harfield and Donovan if we still have them, Mullins, and Leighton. Then I would probably have Pennell, Bellamy, Reynolds and Kandi on standby, as although I don’t think they’re useless, I think we could find better/less injury prone if we looked.
Lcbdagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:47 pm Today's arrival of Doug Loft takes the current squad up to 28, which is a number that we'll probably be looking to trim soon. That's also not including the likes of Balogun and Bonds who, in spite of being given a squad number, won't be involved this season. It also means that we're looking stronger and developing some depth to the team. Saturday wasn't the best display especially in midfield but with Goodliffe, Hoyte, Phipps, Harfield, Bellamy, Wright and a more confident (hopefully) Reynolds all providing options aside from the XI on the pitch, I think it's fair to say that we're not too far away from Harrogate Town or Sutton United in terms of quality amongst our ranks. The only weakness would be central midfield but hopefully the arrival of Doug Loft helps alleviate that problem.

Centre Backs: Kenny Clark, Alex Davey, Luke Pennell, Ben Goodliffe, Manny Onariase
Central Midfielders: Jack Munns, Matt Robinson, Harry Phipps, Liam Bellamy, Will Wright, Doug Loft, James Blanchfield
Strikers: Conor Wilkinson, Angelo Balanta, Chike Kandi, Tomi Adeloye, Noel Leighton

Contracts
All loanees and contracts of every other first-team player - end of this season.

So...

How strong is this team?
No Mullings? Does make the front line seem like we have masses of numbers despite the lack of finishing power
Penfold

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:47 pm Today's arrival of Doug Loft takes the current squad up to 28, which is a number that we'll probably be looking to trim soon. That's also not including the likes of Balogun and Bonds who, in spite of being given a squad number, won't be involved this season. It also means that we're looking stronger and developing some depth to the team. Saturday wasn't the best display especially in midfield but with Goodliffe, Hoyte, Phipps, Harfield, Bellamy, Wright and a more confident (hopefully) Reynolds all providing options aside from the XI on the pitch, I think it's fair to say that we're not too far away from Harrogate Town or Sutton United in terms of quality amongst our ranks. The only weakness would be central midfield but hopefully the arrival of Doug Loft helps alleviate that problem.

Contracts

So...

How strong is this team?
I think we could do with another quality Gk to come in to keep Elliot on his toes... this situation reminds me of Robbo only having “kids” to contend with but when Goffy came back it spurred Robbo on to perform better.
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
Mike the Dagger

Penfold wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:30 pm I think we could do with another quality Gk to come in to keep Elliot on his toes... this situation reminds me of Robbo only having “kids” to contend with but when Goffy came back it spurred Robbo on to perform better.
I like Moore as a keeper, haven't actually seen him do much wrong. He was excellent when thrown in at Ebbsfleet in the trophy, and did well pre-season too. He's not very tall for a keeper, but other than that...

If you do get another keeper in now, you are basically saying he's never going to get a chance.