The Released Players Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

Button is their first choice I think.
Lcbdagger

Mark wrote:Button is their first choice I think.
In that case I'd take Richard Lee off them if he fancies a season of inept set piece defending in front of him and awful Home form.
OBD

Looks like we need 2 keepers by Seabright's last tweet.
@OfficialBigDave
dagger4eva

Indeed I'm a little disappointed with this - if not overly surprised.

I'm not sure he's been given sufficent opportunity to prove himself although obviously we don't see how he does in training which I guess is a good indicator for a GK.

Also, he's stil very young, particularly for a GK and don't feel he was that much behind Lewington (if at all) considering the differences in age.

Oh well, be interesting to see who comes in now. Maybe the scene is set for a return of the deadly Robert & Hogan combination! :lol:
searmh

yeah looks like seabright has gone or is going
AVincelotFlyingLeap

searmh

Two keepers gone from shrewsbury
matt_drfc

Would take Weston, very quick winger
Lcbdagger

Birchall would have been a steal up front if he wasn't made of glass. Weston is surely good enough for League One
NickMurphy

Bit surprised Seabright has gone, had a few more years to develop and I reckon he probably would have ended up better than Lewy. We'll obviously hear from Wayne why he's left, but my main guess would be that he was told he'd remain understudy to whoever came in to replace Lewy, and ultimately he didn't want that and decided to leave.
PaulHornchurch

Agree with the above post,whilst potential is good we need a big, physically strong keeper who can dominate the box, shout loud and clear, and ensure we stop conceding from set plays.

It's a big call from both keepers to seek football elsewhere, with so many keepers on the market I can't see either in the FL next term
Richie

NickMurphy wrote:Bit surprised Seabright has gone, had a few more years to develop and I reckon he probably would have ended up better than Lewy. We'll obviously hear from Wayne why he's left, but my main guess would be that he was told he'd remain understudy to whoever came in to replace Lewy, and ultimately he didn't want that and decided to leave.
I disagree, to me he was just not agile enough to make it at this level. I always think of the goal he conceded at home to Exeter(?), 35 yards out, ball went over him, he jumped and barely left the floor. That plus his seemingly poor judgement when it comes to crosses won't see me wonder what-if.
matt_drfc

On the other hand, his save v Exeter away 2012/13 season was amazing, so yeah.. I'm not overly fussed that he's gone though, but it could be difficult to bring in 2 keepers. Definitely need to be brought in early though, can't be bringing in your potential number 1 a week before the first game, that's suicide.

Saw that Shrews list, would take Weale, been there and done it, won their player of the season in 2013, definitely good enough.
Adrian

He got given a limited chance and didn't look great, but is young enough to develop.

I'm not surprised he's chosen to move on. With Lewington going, to not even be offered a contract is probably a bit of a kick in the teeth and not something that would make me feel particularly wanted.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:He got given a limited chance and didn't look great, but is young enough to develop.

I'm not surprised he's chosen to move on. With Lewington going, to not even be offered a contract is probably a bit of a kick in the teeth and not something that would make me feel particularly wanted.

How do you know he was not offered a contract? perhaps he was and was told he would be number 2 and still left.