Two, one down, red card, penalty...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
AVincelotFlyingLeap

ARNU wrote:Is the problem the manager ?? Was the problem the previous manager ??

Change the manager !! change the manager !!.......aint gonna work.

When still went to luton he didn't leave us with any great legacy,in fact we weren't doing too well,Burnett came in had a couple of good finishes but it was shit to watch ,then reality kicked in and we have now found our level.Bottom of league 2.Now to be fair to Johnny hoof he wasn't handed a great hand when he came in at new year, and it will take time for him to get us going again.We don't have much time and I fear we are as good as down.He needs to build for next season,make his own team and then hopefully we'll be ok.Or get a new manager,he will need to consolidate,build a new team and then maybe we will be ok.

Unless someone turns up at Dagenham with a juggernaut full of money,chopping and changing managers every 8 weeks wont ever be the answer.

Stick with Still and the awful hoofball,I think he'll get us playing again...but it wont be till next season in the conference.

Whats Braintree's manager gonna do with no money ?? Same as the bloody luton manager !!

Cant you lot smell coffee yet ??
Oh my God I agree with you. When Burnett got sacked Still was 100% the right man for the job, I don't think that has changed. He's signed fairly good players and he's trying to keep us up with the formation changes and things. FWIW and from what I saw yesterday, it's not his or the players' fault - we just don't have good enough players to stay in the division. Which is fine. Just a bit annoying.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Is the problem the manager ?? Was the problem the previous manager ??

When still went to luton he didn't leave us with any great legacy,in fact we weren't doing too well,Burnett came in had a couple of good finishes but it was shit to watch ,then reality kicked in and we have now found our level.Bottom of league 2.Now to be fair to Johnny hoof he wasn't handed a great hand when he came in at new year, and it will take time for him to get us going again.We don't have much time and I fear we are as good as down.He needs to build for next season,make his own team and then hopefully we'll be ok.Or get a new manager,he will need to consolidate,build a new team and then maybe we will be ok.

Unless someone turns up at Dagenham with a juggernaut full of money,chopping and changing managers every 8 weeks wont ever be the answer.

Stick with Still and the awful hoofball,I think he'll get us playing again...but it wont be till next season in the conference.

Whats Braintree's manager gonna do with no money ?? Same as the bloody luton manager !!

Braintree manager is doing superbly in the league below at a club with no financial clout at that level and did exactly the same at his previous club.

I would rather we started totally again when relegated.
stanton101

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:

Oh my God I agree with you. When Burnett got sacked Still was 100% the right man for the job, I don't think that has changed. He's signed fairly good players and he's trying to keep us up with the formation changes and things. FWIW and from what I saw yesterday, it's not his or the players' fault - we just don't have good enough players to stay in the division. Which is fine. Just a bit annoying.
I can't see why he was/is the right man for the job. Surely there were other candidates out there, who just may have got this team to avoid the drop. As it stands we're almost certainties to be relegated. Granted he hasn't got a great deal of talent on offer, but are the players he's brought in any better than what we've got? The football and the tactics haven't improved at all from what I can see. One lousy point out of the eighteen is a joke and that one point was by the skin of our arse against Real Newport, where we hung on for dear life. Any bloke standing on the sieve could have done his job, he's turned us from relegation candidates to relegation certainties in a matter of months, marvellous. I just hope he retires, then the board may just have to remove those rose tinted glasses, get off their arse and go look at what's really out there.
NBDag

In Still's defence we haven't been turned from relegation candidates into relegation certainties. We were relegation certainties before he got here.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:

Braintree manager is doing superbly in the league below at a club with no financial clout at that level and did exactly the same at his previous club.

I would rather we started totally again when relegated.
Might be a good call Digger.Whats going to attract him to us though ? More conference football ? And we'd have to buy John Still out of his 2 year contract.Also 3 managers in a year wont make us look good.Sacking managers after 2 months aint really gonna get you much interest.Surely he'd have piped up when it was looking rocky for Burnett if it was such an attractive proposition.(Which it really aint) 1st time in lg football gets relegated probably ****** his CV right up.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Paul from Barking

Any chance of Garry Hill being given another go?
Mike the Dagger

Hold up. IF we go down (likely but not certain given the next few fixtures) then we first of all need to consoiidate in the National League which means rebuilding the team and sticking mid table at the worst. Can anyone actually think of anyone with a better pedigree to to that than John Still??

Luckily enough John has a contract for next season, and whatever happens from here it won't be his fault we get relegated, it will be the man who signed a team with no guts and fight and those that left him in charge at the end of last season.

Once things are on an even keel again we can then look to see whether we can then rebuild for a go at getting back up.

We will also have the FL parachute payments for two seasons too ease the pain a bit.
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote: Luckily enough John has a contract for next season, and whatever happens from here it won't be his fault we get relegated, it will be the man who signed a team with no guts and fight and those that left him in charge at the end of last season.

Has John Still got no responsibility while taking wages for being manager then ?? Wasn't half a season enough for stilly to make a positive impact ?? His 1 win 1 draw and 5 losses from 7 league games will certainly have some part to play in the proceedings when we do go down.I make that 4 points from 21.You can add on Burnetts Stevenage win if it makes you feel better.

Ok so I pull your leg a bit but you constantly blaming Burnett regardless of anything Still does is utter nonsense.Has Burnett ever been 6 points adrift of safety ? Wheres your cut off point ? if still loses all the remaining games will you still be putting it all on Burnett ? When we lose at home to Yeovil Saturday,will Burnett be picking the team ?? Curetons missed Penalty...that'll be waynes fault I take it ??

Giving JS a free pass when he ****** up is not the best idea mate.He is now solely responsible.Im not digging out JS here,its a hard job and hes doing his best with limited resources.................................................But so was Wayne.

Come on Mike if you had pots of money would you be starting a 40 year old up front and a 17 year old academy player in a relegation scrap ?
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote: Has John Still got no responsibility while taking wages for being manager then ?? Wasn't half a season enough for stilly to make a positive impact ?? His 1 win 1 draw and 5 losses from 7 league games will certainly have some part to play in the proceedings when we do go down.I make that 4 points from 21.You can add on Burnetts Stevenage win if it makes you feel better.

Ok so I pull your leg a bit but you constantly blaming Burnett regardless of anything Still does is utter nonsense.Has Burnett ever been 6 points adrift of safety ? Wheres your cut off point ? if still loses all the remaining games will you still be putting it all on Burnett ? When we lose at home to Yeovil Saturday,will Burnett be picking the team ?? Curetons missed Penalty...that'll be waynes fault I take it ??

Giving JS a free pass when he ****** up is not the best idea mate.He is now solely responsible.Im not digging out JS here,its a hard job and hes doing his best with limited resources.................................................But so was Wayne.

Come on Mike if you had pots of money would you be starting a 40 year old up front and a 17 year old academy player in a relegation scrap ?
Alan

Wayne assembled a squad using the budget he had. Still has been able to tinker with it, but he is starting from a worse position that Wayne in that he picked none of the squad on which the budget had been spent and has a team low on confidence and without a home win since Elvis died (roughly).

Doesn't mean he gets a free pass - although I suspect it's the only pass we can afford - for example I cannot fathom playing Hyam. Was it one of those loans where it's a condition that they play? If it was, it was a mistake. If it wasn't, picking him is a mistake.
ARNU

Just don't particularly want to participate in Mikes Blame culture.

We all know what wayne was, and John Still is up against.

The saviour hasn't arrived,I never thought whoever took over would stroll in and turn it around.Some are very disappointed JS hasn't come in and won 7 from 7 making Wayne look a *****.He wasn't and that's hard to deal with for some.

Difficult job,no resources really we are where we are supposed to be.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:Just don't particularly want to participate in Mikes Blame culture.

We all know what wayne was, and John Still is up against.

The saviour hasn't arrived,I never thought whoever took over would stroll in and turn it around.Some are very disappointed JS hasn't come in and won 7 from 7 making Wayne look a *****.He wasn't and that's hard to deal with for some.

Difficult job,no resources really we are where we are supposed to be.
The blame lies with Burnett and those that kept him on after last season. AFAIK the budget isn't significantly less than it has ever been, it's just that it has been spent poorly and mismanaged. When we were successful we were building toward being big enough to justify being a member of the 92. The last several seasons of tripe served up have pushed us back down again to where we are a top half Conference side in scale really.

We lost the heart of our pretty average team last season when Doe and Ogogo (and to a lesser extent Luke Howell) moved on, all of which could possibly have been persuaded to stay on by someone that had a clue and a plan and wasn't holding out for an improved contract offer himself.

I believe Ashley Hemmings is our longest serving player, correct? Hardly a leader of men is he? There is no continuity, or real connection to the club in the squad at the moment. Jamie tries hard but time has caught up with him. Labadie puts in a shift but is surrounded by players like Boucaud and Chambers. Widdowson (and a couple of others) look clueless and not really bothered, Jodi is too young. Chris Doidge tries hard but isn't a 20 goal a season striker, and never really got a chance until recently. We now have a load of loanees where the guts of the team should be.

The club is a mess, spinning in smaller and smaller circles trying to hang on in the FL. It is probably time to head back down, consolidate and come back stronger again.
ARNU

Burnett had a part in it as did the club,as do the board and the chairman, as does john still ,as do the players and as do the fans who stopped coming so that the coffers are minimal. Oh and the other 23 teams that kicked our arse all season.Everyone except me of course.

Yeah consolidate in the conf,might be a bit more exciting.We agree on something at least Michael :D
mickeyblue

that took longer than expected.
but we finished 9th didnt get mentioned
but we finished 9th!
TomMc

Here you go mickeyblue...
Attachments
arnu-bingo.png
arnu-bingo.png (65.43 KiB) Viewed 10039 times