Hmmmm

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Thought we were brilliant 1st half,Worral defo man of the match apart from that ridiculous free kick he took which ended up giving them the corner for the goal was very poor.Liked the new midfielder Muldoon and felt Chambers,Labadie,Passley,Doidge and Dikamona all had good games.I am still wondering what exactly Jody Jones gives us(nothing from what I've seen),he wouldn't get in my team anytime soon.Poor old Boucard still not been in a winning team for us has he ? Made a few good passes today though.No grumbles otherwise.Thought we were unlucky not to get a point really.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

We were excellent but there were two striking things:

1) Cousins really does struggle when you inswing a ball towards him. Both of their goals came from corners.

2) Still should have put a CM on in the 2nd half before they got their 2nd. I was calling for it as soon as they got their first. The 3 in the middle were really tiring and we were getting overrun in there. We had Frankie Raymond on the bench and a lack of action in that respect was very disappointing. We were just getting the two strikers ready as they scored but it was 5-10 minutes too late for me.

On a plus note, Worrall is a superb young player. Muldoon is tidy as well with a good eye for a pass. I thought Boucaud was very good today and looked to get forward a bit more than usual. Labadie had a superb first half but faded 2nd half, possibly due to a little lack of fitness since he picked up that minor injury. Chambers and Doidge work well as a pair but both have to take a chance in that first half. If they do that, we win the match most likely.
stanton101

Funny how no one has mentioned Hemmings, probably because he was shit, as per usual.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Another week another hard luck story. Pattern emerging here. This team showed today they should be nowhere near the bottom but also showed why they are.

Can't miss the chances we did and hope to win and the equaliser is shocking.

Can't question the desire, effort and commitment but it's now I am told will be at least 280 days since we won a home game and that is why I feel that despite the recent revival is why we will go down
Adrian

Chambers and Hemmings are not good enough.
Hemmings just does the get enough balls into the nox, and Chambers gave the ball away so many times.

Labadie really needs to stop trying to con refs for free kicks, they don't fall for not and he is so much better when he's getting stuck in.

Overall that felt much more like watching Dagenham & Redbridge. hardworking and getting he ball forward quickly.
Even Boucaud was getting he ball going quickly and looked much better for it.

First time in a while that I've come away with a bit of a sore throat as well.
Alan

Jeepers Sussex, we narrowly lost to the form side in the division. More positives than negatives for me from that game.
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Another week another hard luck story. Pattern emerging here. This team showed today they should be nowhere near the bottom but also showed why they are.

Can't question the desire, effort and commitment but it's now I am told will be at least 280 days since we won a home game and that is why I feel that despite the recent revival is why we will go down
Blimey Susses. From Burnett's biggest fan while we were playing shit to Marvin the Depressed Android when things are turning around. Play like that and we won't go down, seemples.

The Daggers are back. Tactical plan, move the ball quickly, get it down the channels and give it a go. Could easily have been 2-0 up at half time and Northampton could not have complained. The equaliser was a kick in the teeth and we have work to do still defending set pieces but that is the first time in ages I've hung around to applaud the lads off.

They are the form side in the division and our all time bogey team and we should have got a point as a minimum. We have finally scored a goal at home against them.

The only way is up!!!
durnzo

Have to agree, 1st half we were immense. Should've been a couple up against the form side in the league. Their quality showed in the end, but I don't think they outplayed us overall. Just more clinical, although that wouldn't be hard. If we play like that for the rest of the season, we'll be fine. Good support for the team throughout too. Well played to the much maligned youngsters on the sieve.
Alan

Mike the Dagger wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Another week another hard luck story. Pattern emerging here. This team showed today they should be nowhere near the bottom but also showed why they are.

Blimey Susses. From Burnett's biggest fan while we were playing shit to Marvin the Depressed Android when things are turning around. Play like that and we won't go down, seemples.

The Daggers are back. Tactical plan, move the ball quickly, get it down the channels and give it a go. Could easily have been 2-0 up at half time and Northampton could not have complained. The equaliser was a kick in the teeth and we have work to do still defending set pieces but that is the first time in ages I've hung around to applaud the lads off.

They are the form side in the division and our all time bogey team and we should have got a point as a minimum. We have finally scored a goal at home against them.

The only way is up!!!
I think Marvin was a paranoid android Mike.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Don't get me wrong the lads played their hearts out but at the end of the day it's another should have been.

Like we should have beaten Wycombe, Stevenage,Plymouth,Mansfield,York, Newport, and Yeovil, the fact is once again we have not , did the hard part got the lead and somehow managed to lose a game we were in the majority well in control of.

We keep at it we still have a chance but look at all them games and where would that have taken us.

Their equaliser is a dreadfull goal to give away and the end result is the same Dagenham should have won.
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Don't get me wrong the lads played their hearts out but at the end of the day it's another should have been.

Like we should have beaten Wycombe, Stevenage,Plymouth,Mansfield,York, Newport, and Yeovil, the fact is once again we have not , did the hard part got the lead and somehow managed to lose a game we were in the majority well in control of.

We keep at it we still have a chance but look at all them games and where would that have taken us.

Their equaliser is a dreadfull goal to give away and the end result is the same Dagenham should have won.

I can only talk for the games i was at and i cant say we deserves to beat Newport at all.

Both teams were rubbish that day and the 0-0 was the right result
Dagdale

Feel just as frustrated after this match as of the Plymouth game, we quite simply look like a team with passion to try and win a game now since this new regime under Stilly, but we still have one big problem of keeping the opposition out of it for the full 90 and capitalizing on an lead. Bringing on Marc Richards was no doubt a master stroke by Wilder but second half every attack by them bought in heaps more confidence and wow what a great goal to win a game, if it would have been on the other foot have been talking about that for ages. Should have took it a lot further first half where we saw a daggers team with so much more pace and domination. Still cant wait to see why that strike first half by Chambers was disallowed. Two up, think we'd have just about edged it. I didn't think the two Ash's done that bad either, and special mention should go to the two guys at the back Joe Worrall and Clevid Dikamona who I'm beginning to really enjoy seeing in the Red & Blue. Stays like this surely some team out there is in for a thrashing!
Adrian

Chambers was offside.
Mark

Goals change games. Our forwards take one of the sitters they missed and we probably win 2 nil or 2-1. Once we were on the back foot they're always going to score due to the quality they have.

Chambers missed 2 great chances, gave the ball away several times, miscontrolled in good areas, and pulled out of at least 3 challenges that he should have made. I'd say a good support for Doidge should be at the very top of our shopping list.
Adrian

Mark wrote:Goals change games. Our forwards take one of the sitters they missed and we probably win 2 nil or 2-1. Once we were on the back foot they're always going to score due to the quality they have.

Chambers missed 2 great chances, gave the ball away several times, miscontrolled in good areas, and pulled out of at least 3 challenges that he should have made. I'd say a good support for Doidge should be at the very top of our shopping list.
I can't work out how anyone thought he had a good game. He's a bottler and won't go for 75-25 challenges, let alone 50-50s. He also doesn't seem to have any idea of some of the basics - first half he gets wide and has to either pick out Doidge, or pull the ball back to the penalty spot - but he tries to smash it as hard as he can somewhere in between the two. Then the chance in the second half where he has to go across the keeper, but instead goes for the near post and pretty much passes it to their keeper.