JPT

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Since Labadie a be Dunne have come into the team our inability to score has proved our downfall.

If Hemmings scores against Luton we don't lose and Saturday we would have won with last seasons Cureton.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Since Labadie a be Dunne have come into the team our inability to score has proved our downfall.

If Hemmings scores against Luton we don't lose and Saturday we would have won with last seasons Cureton.
If my Grandad had shagged the queen I might have been the next king but he he didn't. Clutching at straws again Sussex? You don't get unlucky with our record.
ARNU

There are some fair points made by the Burnett out brigade,but some are just ridiculous and almost embarrassing.No way do I want to be associated with that.Id rather stay in the Burnett for King camp if people are just going to be silly.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

No one has said anything ridiculous since your last reply.
Grimsweeper

Only one or two being silly on here recently.

Even when given the cold hard facts they continue.

1 in 16

That should be enough in itself.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:No one has said anything ridiculous since your last reply.
Give it 5 minutes.

I accept things are bad,miserable and a bit bleak right now.

But there has been loads of total bollox spoken amongst the more sensible stuff.
Daggertilidie

What you think a win tonight suddenly cures the problems from the last 16 matches and a poor home form since last season Fickle!!
ARNU

Daggertilidie wrote:What you think a win tonight suddenly cures the problems from the last 16 matches and a poor home form since last season Fickle!!
Haven't said that have I ?

I said amongst the sensible points raised by the Burnett out camp(There are many including even some things you've said) there has been some total bollox spoken too.I'll list them if you want.I still haven't heard who the credible replacement should be...oh apart from Paul Ince someone suggested a few weeks back.One of us here is capable of changing our mind,one of us wont.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
I said amongst the sensible points raised by the Burnett out camp(There are many including even some things you've said) there has been some total bollox spoken too.I'll list them if you want.I still haven't heard who the credible replacement should be...oh apart from Paul Ince someone suggested a few weeks back.One of us here is capable of changing our mind,one of us wont.
I just don't understand why we need to name a credible alternative in order to make a change?

If there is a vacancy, people will apply, for it. You then select the best one that wants the job and fits the criteria of what the club can afford etc.

In the unlikely scenario that no-one applies that fits the criteria, then you promote from within, one of the existing assistants or youth team coaches.

Either way you are seen to be doing something. The fans will get behind the new man and the atmosphere around the place will improve and we at least have a shot at survival. It might not last, but not doing something has an inevitability about it at the moment.

TBH Geoff Boycott's grandma could do as well as Burnett with a stick of rhubarb at the moment.
ARNU

To be fair to you Mike at least you discuss this with a modicum of decency and understanding.

We got people on here demanding the manager gets out,abusing him and his family and waving bits of paper about,even asking me for "discussions abaht it" for daring to see things not quite so bleakly just yet.I think a new bloke might get the initial wave of results they want but long term we are still gonna bounce around the bottom with the ump.That is the long term problem...we will eventually get relegated but while theres 90 points to play for you can surely excuse me from jumping on their bandwagon.

I think a credible name in the frame might be worthy of discussion at least.Not paul ince though.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:To be fair to you Mike at least you discuss this with a modicum of decency and understanding.

We got people on here demanding the manager gets out,abusing him and his family and waving bits of paper about,even asking me for "discussions abaht it" for daring to see things not quite so bleakly just yet.I think a new bloke might get the initial wave of results they want but long term we are still gonna bounce around the bottom with the ump.That is the long term problem...we will eventually get relegated but while theres 90 points to play for you can surely excuse me from jumping on their bandwagon.

I think a credible name in the frame might be worthy of discussion at least.Not paul ince though.
We do? Who has abused his family?

As for having 90 more points to play for, the key stats there are

points per game to date: 0.56
and
points per game needed in the remaining games to hit the "magic 50": 1.37

Even lifelong* Burnett supporter Sussex is in the game of downgrading the survival target now!

I'll agree that the club apparently having no ambition beyond survival is not constructive or helpful, but right now we are looking at not achieving even that and something needs to be done. It smacks of bloody mindedness now to argue anything else to be honest from the board as well as from the dwindling pro-Burnett camp.

If I was in change I would be telling the manager it is now win at Morecambe, and in Round two, or clear his desk out as we need the income, and I'd also be setting a points target for the end of the year. Put him, and the team, under proper pressure to achieve something while it still matters. Maybe they have, and haven't made that public, but I get the impression from all the Tommo/Burnett love in utterings in interviews that they haven't, and that is unacceptable.

I still don't think its worth discussing who takes over. Any names we put up might not apply even if they were spot on. If a Garry Hill circa 1999 applied, would we know him anyway?

*apart from Boxing Day 2014
ARNU

If I was the board,I would have to agree that it is now time for the results to dramatically improve,if I was wayne though id be saying "Well give me the budget then".Tonight and Morecambe are must win games I think.At the moment we are sending a man out with a pen knife to fight a man with a machine gun.Both the board and the management know it.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:If I was the board,I would have to agree that it is now time for the results to dramatically improve,if I was wayne though id be saying "Well give me the budget then".Tonight and Morecambe are must win games I think.At the moment we are sending a man out with a pen knife to fight a man with a machine gun.Both the board and the management know it.
So all these loan signings are the board not backing Burnett with what he is asking for? Both Wayne and Tommo have said in interviews that if he really wants something the board back him with it.

If he asked for more budget right now my answer would be, "Wayne, you can have the budget when you bring in some income. Win the FA cup games or clear your desk out."

If you seriously think all the teams in League Two have machine guns against our pen knife I suggest you haven't actually watched many of our games. Several of our opponents this season have been close to dreadful, but we still haven't beaten them. Maybe if we could defend a set piece....
ARNU

We largely agree.My threshold of tolerance for a man who has kept us up for 3 years is greater than yours.Thats all.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:We largely agree.My threshold of tolerance for a man who has kept us up for 3 years is greater than yours.Thats all.
Kept us up for two years. That first year he had a bloody good go at getting us relegated.