I believe the inevitable is getting nearer....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
I never said he was perfect,he clearly aint.But some are expecting too much from the man. When he finished 9th all the same people hated him.You've seen our squad where would stilly finish with them ? Bearing in mind his final 3 seasons here were awful if not worse than the last 3 and he had arguably much better players.

My previous post relates to nostalgia and pub teams.We aint a pub team anymore despite playing like one occasionally.
I don't think anyone got on Wayne's back for finishing 9th. It has been pointed out, repeatedly, that 9th was a bit of a fluke given our home form in the second half of that season, and although it was only two places off a play off spot it was 12 points off.

We started that season very well and it might have been very different, but it all fell apart after the Wycombe rant.

While I was always a bit surprised he got the job after the close shave as "interim" manager, I wasn't against the man until towards the end of 2014 when the home form had been so poor for so long and it was becoming a proper chore coming and watching games. He should have gone after the Southport games, and after the Stevenage game when we dropped into the bottom two. He most definitely should not have been given another 2 year contract off the back of the teams performances.

We are now reaping the results of that new contract sadly.
ARNU

So if we can forget about 9th cos it was years ago maybe we can forget about Cobby and Goodwin and all the great days boozing with the players and all that nostalgia too.Cant have it both ways.Cherry picking all the good times and then blaming wayne Burnett for their demise, again, isn't fair.Also whoever said John Stills teams were enjoyable to watch,thats cherry picking again.His last 3 years and particularly that 1 point from 54 period, was dire and a fair few wanted him gone for quite a while.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

But I'm not suggesting we sign Cobby or Goodwin. Or that I want to have a beer with the players. Quite the opposite. I'm suggesting we make a business decision.

I also think Still had gone stale and that he should have gone sooner than he did. Towards the end of his tenure he recruited players who were not suited to the way he wanted to play the game I'm not cherry picking.

The fact that we finished 9th years ago doesn't mean that you can ignore the fact that the club are bottom of the division and the business is suffering.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:So if we can forget about 9th cos it was years ago maybe we can forget about Cobby and Goodwin and all the great days boozing with the players and all that nostalgia too.Cant have it both ways.Cherry picking all the good times and then blaming wayne Burnett for their demise, again, isn't fair.Also whoever said John Stills teams were enjoyable to watch,thats cherry picking again.His last 3 years and particularly that 1 point from 54 period, was dire and a fair few wanted him gone for quite a while.
Same old stuff again. When exactly was this 1 point from 54 period you always blat on about?

http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... on=2011/12

Do the maths!
dagger4eva

1 point in 54? I already did the not so difficult math here.....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1390&p=18797#p18797
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:1 point in 54? I already did the not so difficult math here.....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1390&p=18797#p18797
Oh... so it wasn't I point in 54... :D
ARNU

(I did say was it 1 from 54 all along,I remember it being a lot and shite)Your mathematical genius has blown a ******** great hole in my argument now,5 from 51 oh that's much better,silly me for thinking it was a shit run.Has Wayne done that ? Also I think we'd all agree most of our players now wouldn't have got in that team.

My point still stands I fink !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:(I did say was it 1 from 54 all along,I remember it being a lot and shite)Your mathematical genius has blown a ******** great hole in my argument now,5 from 51 oh that's much better,silly me for thinking it was a shit run.Has Wayne done that ? Also I think we'd all agree most of our players now wouldn't have got in that team.

My point still stands I fink !
Not really as we won 3 out of the first 4 games, so heading in to that run we already had as many points as Burnett has gained all season. We did eventually hit bottom, but it wasn't until 10th December, then we started picking up points again. The game we won in the middle of it was at home, so there was a little bit of encouragement for the fans too.

Stilly had a lot of credit in the bank for the two promotions and the decent show in League One as well and was virtually unsackable, although plenty of people gave him a lot of stick. I believe that was around the time you christened him Johnny Hoofball.
ARNU

I agree Mike,Stilly had some brownie points in the bank so was unsackable.Despite my misery at the time I believe this to have now been the only decision the club could make now. Those brownie points allowed Still to put us through 2 more seasons of Dross and journeymen and excuses and he finally done a bunk right when we needed him.He also took backroom staff,including his scouting network with him to luton and some of our players.He should have resigned when we got relegated from Lg1.For that he'd have died a legend.I clapped him the other night but really he tainted his memory by that judas like exit.

If I was Wayne,Id resign if things don't improve by December.If we get behind him Im sure he'll pull it round.
Alan

So if he hasn't pulled it round by December, i.e. by the end of this month you think he should go? League games in that period:

Home to Oxford (2nd)
Away to Wimbledon (10th)
home to Plymouth (1st)
ARNU

Alan wrote:So if he hasn't pulled it round by December, i.e. by the end of this month you think he should go? League games in that period:

Home to Oxford (2nd)
Away to Wimbledon (10th)
home to Plymouth (1st)
I said earlier that still bottom by December would not be acceptable.If he wins all 3 and remains bottom Id find it hard to change my allegiance though. I do think he has to win the home games now to make his and my argument stronger.
Certainly if we're bottom at xmas after yet more losses and defensive ****** ups Id have to concede maybe someone else might have to have a go.
Grimsweeper

Not happening.

Mike , you have a convert!

Tommo next?
Alan

ARNU wrote:
Alan wrote:So if he hasn't pulled it round by December, i.e. by the end of this month you think he should go? League games in that period:

Home to Oxford (2nd)
Away to Wimbledon (10th)
home to Plymouth (1st)
I said earlier that still bottom by December would not be acceptable.If he wins all 3 and remains bottom Id find it hard to change my allegiance though. I do think he has to win the home games now to make his and my argument stronger.
Certainly if we're bottom at xmas after yet more losses and defensive ****** ups Id have to concede maybe someone else might have to have a go.
I think you actually said you thought he should or would go if we were bottom 2/3 by December. So if we are in the bottom 2/3 after those 3 games, and assuming that we have not won the three games, will you be joining us?
ARNU

Alan wrote:
ARNU wrote:

Home to Oxford (2nd)
Away to Wimbledon (10th)
home to Plymouth (1st)
I think you actually said you thought he should or would go if we were bottom 2/3 by December. So if we are in the bottom 2/3 after those 3 games, and assuming that we have not won the three games, will you be joining us?
I would have to accept that he might not be able to save us if that's the case.I doubt anyone else will do any better.Dont think I'll be making up bits of A4 or protesting though as the main thrust of my argument still would exist.No money=2nd rate players.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
I would have to accept that he might not be able to save us if that's the case.I doubt anyone else will do any better.Dont think I'll be making up bits of A4 or protesting though as the main thrust of my argument still would exist.No money=2nd rate players.
Well we have never had a massive budget, yet managed to sign some very good players in the past. Not FL journeymen though, we used to scout the good ones out of Non-League.

And right on cue... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34766249

Getting the ones we have to play to some kind of tactical plan shouldn't be beyond hope either.