James Dunne

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bearaab

Signed for a month. Might get a goal from midfield this month then...
RayleighDagger1986

This seems like a good move. Someone who has played at this level and has experience. What does this say though about players like Raymond who I don't think has done much wrong when playing. With Labadie's return why al of a suddenn are we in need of another CM.lost count how many players we now have on loan
OBD

The new Patrick Agyemang.
@OfficialBigDave
SUSSEX DAGGER

FFS , One minute the players are not good enough the next they are not getting enough time.

This will bring a bit of steel to our Midfield, been told he knows how to put a tackle in and gets up and down the pitch.

Last season away against Portsmouth he looked good in their midfield, struck a great goal.

All my skate mates think a good deal of him and I am told that Personal circumstances have lead him to us.

We are lucky to land such a talent, but hey why let a bit of good news get on the way of your personal vendettas
Mike the Dagger

Looks decent news. Do we know if he'll be able to play in the FA Cup?
DaggerJoel11

Pompey fans say his work rate is incredible but his ball distribution is questionable and he only passes sideways! Perfect combination him and Boucaud in the middle!!!
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
OBD

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:FFS , One minute the players are not good enough the next they are not getting enough time.

This will bring a bit of steel to our Midfield, been told he knows how to put a tackle in and gets up and down the pitch.

Last season away against Portsmouth he looked good in their midfield, struck a great goal.

All my skate mates think a good deal of him and I am told that Personal circumstances have lead him to us.

We are lucky to land such a talent, but hey why let a bit of good news get on the way of your personal vendettas
I can't wait for the day you make a post where your toys stay firmly in the pram.
@OfficialBigDave
dagger4eva

In fairness Sussex the only person anyone is saying hasn’t had enough game (and I’m inclined to agree) is Raymond. He's looked VERY capable each odd occasion he’s been given a bit of game time.
But don’t let this get in the way of you taking a swipe at anyone who dare question the management… ;)

As it happens however, this new loan signing DOES fill me with a bit of promise – a very handy player who could fit in well. I just hope he replaces one of either Ferdinand or Boucard in the mid-field. Get Jones on the wing (from the start) and Cureton & Doidge up front. And fingers crossed we can improve on our current win percentage of just over 6% for the season …
SUSSEX DAGGER

I work with a Colleague who is well connected with a Board Member of the Supporters Trust at Portsmouth.

They are full of admiration for the way we run our affairs at Dagenham I can tell you that. After they struggled to beat us last Boxing Day their team was earning nearly 2 million pounds a year , that's the team not the squad and it was a further nail in Barkers coffin .

This time of year the Football league start looking at compliance to the rules about FFP , there are a number of teams in our League where the numbers don't stack up and the League can start action before they even fail the system adopted. These teams can have transfer embargos placed upon them , this is going to be a great leveller in the second half of the season .

Thankfully our Club will not face such action because the way our affairs are run, so in that fact alone we have to thank our lucky stars we have a board that within reason appears to balance the books.

My Colleague informs me that this Lad is certainly a talent and rates him highly. According to other Portsmouth fans when Cooke took over he wanted players to live no further then 25 minutes from the ground, it looks like this lad has failed to comply and as a result been frozen out.

So here we are a team in our league who can afford to freeze out players who are in a different league to what we can afford to pay and think nothing of it. No wonder we are struggling.

So we can all admire teams that we consider to have similar budgets to us appearing to be having good seasons but are they playing to to the strict League rules, that remains to be seen .

There is teams in this League spending money like tomorrow will never come, sadly tomorrow does come and the roof quickly falls in when it does.
Diggerthedog

So teams that already have spent too much and have them players already will get a transfer embargo for the rest of the season when they don't need to sign anyone? Typical FA bull.

It's taken Burnett 15 games to work out we need a battler in midfield let me send him a thank you card. :roll:
lupins

Let me know when you send it I will forward a reality card to you so you can replenish your stock

Did you consider he may have been trying to find one all that time
Richie

Good signing on paper. Pleased with that for sure.
Diggerthedog

What is a reality card? does it mention budgets?

He should have signed that type of player in the summer not 15 games in when we have won once. He has failed for 2 and half years to see what is required for a team to compete at this level.

Lets look at the money he has wasted.

Hines signed injured
Richards Signed injured

Two players that are certainly not cheap but he wasted his budget on them and his gamble has not paid off, blame also lies with the board for letting him sign injured players. Forget the rest who are simply not up for the fight in Ferdinand, Nosworthy, Captain Marvel and the others that re not good enough. It is a shambles.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote:So teams that already have spent too much and have them players already will get a transfer embargo for the rest of the season when they don't need to sign anyone? Typical FA bull.

It's taken Burnett 15 games to work out we need a battler in midfield let me send him a thank you card. :roll:
What a well ordered life you must lead , nothing ever must go wrong . What happens if you go all in at start of season and end up with injuries and suspensions then you can't sign anybody and if you do you face action from the aithoraties. Policies like that I can gureentee will come back to bite you on the arse sooner or later.

As for this lad if we could afford him then we would not be having this conversation because you could probably doubled Abs wages and still had change. He is playing at a Club that are paying players more then our entire budget to sit in the stand, thats a team by the way that this so called muppet of a Manager we have has outperformed for the past two seasons ,a remarkable achievement in any other World other then the land of milk and honey that so many of our deluded fans appear to live in.
lupins

You clearly missed the point but I will try once more

Perhaps he has been trying to sign that type of player but none were available to us for whatever reason

Incidentally the comment about failed for last two seasons hardly stacks up based on our finishes

You don't rate him fair enough but give it a rest