Our ground- New Name

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Pondfield Dagger

Just walked past the ground, its now called `Chigwell Construction Stadium`
BabyFace_Dagger

Didn't want to believe this I had to go see it myself absolutely fuming about this we play at Victoria Road not the LBBD Stadium and not the Chigwell Construction stadium either
NickMurphy

BabyFace_Dagger wrote:Didn't want to believe this I had to go see it myself absolutely fuming about this we play at Victoria Road not the LBBD Stadium and not the Chigwell Construction stadium either
Just call it Victoria Road then - like everyone does anyway and always will. Sponsorship brings in a bit of £££ for the club, however much/little - if we didn't do it people would probably moan that we're not making the most of the opportunities available to us.
ARNU

You wait till I get my roof on the Bury Road end and they call it the "Arnu is always right" stand.

On a slightly more serious note....

Its just sponsorship which is money for the club which is a good thing surely.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

All good news, but a bit odd to put up the signage visibly without announcing it officially though.

Looks like its time to update the history of the ground then... http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8208026
Diggerthedog

BabyFace_Dagger wrote:Didn't want to believe this I had to go see it myself absolutely fuming about this we play at Victoria Road not the LBBD Stadium and not the Chigwell Construction stadium either
I agree about time we got this board of directors ousted.
DagenHammer87

To be fair on things like this the board are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

However the way we do things off the pitch is amateur. If this happened in the Ryman days it would've just been passable.

Sometimes it's hard to believe we were in league one.

We will never grow or develop or establish into anything better while we continue to think amateur off it.
BabyFace_Dagger

NickMurphy wrote:
Just call it Victoria Road then - like everyone does anyway and always will. Sponsorship brings in a bit of £££ for the club, however much/little - if we didn't do it people would probably moan that we're not making the most of the opportunities available to us.
My point is that board members at any football club like to change everything example Hull wanting to change to Hull Tigers FC or Newcastle changing their ground name to The Sports Direct Arena @ St James Park it's like tradition means nothing in football anymore. It just seems to me that the board care too much about the money and not the football. Yes the club need money but if you ask me they go about it the wrong way, this club used to be about the fans but now I don't think they care about us anymore.
InTheKnow

I suspect the club have put up the signs ready to take the pictures and announce the story with the new sponsors. But lets not let the truth get in the way of another reason to moan about the club.

After all we cant moan the results at the moment
BabyFace_Dagger

InTheKnow wrote:I suspect the club have put up the signs ready to take the pictures and announce the story with the new sponsors. But lets not let the truth get in the way of another reason to moan about the club.

After all we cant moan the results at the moment
At the moment it is a surprise shock after a news comes out my mood might change over it. On the other note we've only won 2 games in a row it is a pick up in form but I can't imagine it'll last
ARNU

Did anyone really care that St James Park had a name change ? I mean really care like it meant their lives would end ? Id suggest anyone affected like that needs immediate psychiatric help and has such a miserable life they really need to get that in order first.Of the 1300 die hards Id guess we have maybe 3 people who are affected in this way.No doubt they'll stop coming and tear up their season tickets and they'll be sorely missed.....NOT! :lol:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

The stadium had a sponsor, it now has a new sponsor.

That is it. Calm down.
Chigwellian

Look on the bright side.... At least it's my local builders and they are based in the Redbridge area :)
Diggerthedog

My Post about the board was a joke, they all do a great job but if anyone thinks they can do better I'm sure they would step aside. Could not care less what it's called if it brings in a fiver it's a fiver more then we had last week.