Knee jerk Comments here

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

NickMurphy wrote:I quite liked the 4-1-5 formation employed towards the end, Ferdinand the only recognised centre-midfielder on the pitch.

Not good again though, made more frustrating by the fact that while Exeter are a decent side, they're not going to be top three. They played some neat stuff but at the end of the day we've conceded another goal from a set-piece which has been a consistent problem for nigh on two years now. That 11/1 on us being bottom on September 1st is looking a steal at the moment.

Nosworthy pretending he was a seal towards the end was my favourite part by far.
Well done Nick the horrendous effort of our midfield made me forget about us conceading again from a restart. Three seasons now and despite working on it we are still as pityfull as ever . God please preserve me.
stanton101

I can understand the fans frustrations, but the constant barracking of players solves nothing. Everyone's entitled to their opinions but to voice them continually in such a manner is unnecessary. Perhaps some of the anger should be directed at the board for showing not even the slightest bit of ambition. As an aside to our latest defeat, yes we may be f..king shit, but really do we have to shout it from the stands? Embarrassing.
ARNU

Ferdinand was dire again,Richards a spectator..looks like Thurgood but plays like Phil Ifil.Mc Clure,I cant see how he was an improvement on Doidge who threw himself at everything again yet gets subbed and replaced by the midget then we hoof over his head for the rest of the game.Wayne has bought in a load of duds and we all know it.Id start all over again,Keeping just Cureton Obileye and Cousins.No one else is good enough this season so far.Hes played pretty much everyone hes got already.We'll lose the next 2 as well.

Sell Jones and use the money to get some reasonable players in now id say.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NickMurphy

stanton101 wrote:Perhaps some of the anger should be directed at the board for showing not even the slightest bit of ambition.
Elaborate.
stanton101

Surely with a bit more of an incentive two of our best players wouldn't now be plying their trade for the mighty Borehamwood. I can understand if a player wants to leave to play at a higher level, but to drop down two divisions. Something's not right. Jodi will be off soon and that's fair enough, but let's get a decent bit of bunce and rebuild this squad as best we can, otherwise the conference beckons.
SUSSEX DAGGER

stanton101 wrote:Surely with a bit more of an incentive two of our best players wouldn't now be plying their trade for the mighty Borehamwood. I can understand if a player wants to leave to play at a higher level, but to drop down two divisions. Something's not right. Jodi will be off soon and that's fair enough, but let's get a decent bit of bunce and rebuild this squad as best we can, otherwise the conference beckons.
Think that's a bit harsh to criticise the board, the two players you refer to I believe left for different reasons.
One was not considered to be worth the money we were paying him, what he did to deserve a wage cut is anybody's guess but the poor sod was played out of position for the second half of last season and gave everything to the cause. That must have been the Managers decision and i know for a fact that the quote we did everything to keep him was complete and utter bunkum. The Manager decided to save a few bob by ditching him for a player who has seen nothing but failure for two season and a Player who we are told is trying to reserect a once promising career. Sadly it is clearly apparent that that is not going to happen at Dagenham and Redbridge .

The other player was never going to be here this season, a lot of damage was done at Southport that night and I know that Scott was deeply upset by accusations of lack of effort. He did not play that night even tho he assured me he was fit but the Manager decided to leave him out. This discussion I and another fan had was held whilst the Manager was getting bags. Scott's words were if we go down all these players careers are over because they will not get back so to be accused of not trying was totally out of order. That in my opinion was when I was convinced would be his last season with us. It was rather surprising to find that he now plys his trade in the League that he said would be devastating for his and his team mates careers but rather suggest the feeling I got that night after our conversation that he would not be a Dagger this season was not far wrong. The fact that he has dropped down the structure also suggest that he was prepared to go anywhere then stay here.

My interpretation of events made be wide of the mark but the last People to blame are the board, they set the budget and the Manager makes decisions around that,in at least one of these cases he has got it very badly wrong.
Diggerthedog

3-12 is our current aggregate scoreline this season with four defeats in a row and I can't see anyway way out or where our next point is coming from.

Burnett has blown the budget on a load of washed up Journeymen, the Cheltenham fans Laughed when we signed Richards and Ferdinand and I can now see why. How can Burnett get this so horribly wrong has he not learned anything the last two years? Same old goals from set pieces and serious lack of steel in the middle of the park.

When Jones is sold there will be a serious lack of excitement he was the one crumb of entertainment last night and frankly the others should feel ashamed that a 17 year old is doing and they are not effort wise.

The board got one main thing wrong and that was giving Burnett a two year contract, one should have been more than enough given some of the tripe the last two years and it's all going wrong again.

1200 homes fans be below a 1000 shortly.
DaggerJoel11

I don't know why it takes Exeter to form a significant cushion before were sparked into life. Utterly useless. What exactly did he change from Saturday???
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Pondfield Dagger

what happened with the Exeter team coach last night? I heard our clubhouse staff had to sort it all out.
Masked Man

On a positive note, we shipped about 30% less goals than any other game this season!

On an even more positive note, missing out on a season ticket might actually be a positive for me!! :lol:
Bluenose

Last three results have been 4-1, 3-1, 2-1 so looks like we are on for 1-1 on Saturday
Mark

Pondfield Dagger wrote:what happened with the Exeter team coach last night? I heard our clubhouse staff had to sort it all out.
Apparently it toppled over without anything even touching it.
stanton101

Mark wrote:
Pondfield Dagger wrote:what happened with the Exeter team coach last night? I heard our clubhouse staff had to sort it all out.
Apparently it toppled over without anything even touching it.
Bit like our defence at the moment then.
leewilson

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Both of Richards last two teams have been relegated and you can see why. Made my feelings known about Luke HOWELL and each game that passes I am thinking what a ****** up that was because neither Richards or Ferdinand deserve to be spoken in the same breath, both are absolutely woefull and I am being polite.
Richards is a strange one. Cheltenham fans hated him. Shrewsbury fans loved him. At Shrewsbury, he played in the side under Graham Turner that got promoted from this league and won Fans Player of the Year. In getting relegated the following season, he managed 7 goals in League One. That's not to be sniffed at. It's worth noting that his goal tallies each season since 09/10 are 4, 8, 5, 7, 6 and 2. That's better than I expected personally.

At Cheltenham, he was in a god awful team. I'm not saying we're much better at present but it sounds like he got an absolute ton of criticism there because he wasn't Marlon Pack or Russell Penn. I do feel like there is a player in there and with a bit more stability and less choas around him, I think we might start to see the player that was loved at Shrewsbury. Let's bear in mind that he's a week or two behind everybody else as well. I'm sure there is more to come from him. Let's get behind him as opposed to writing him off after 2 performances.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:Mc Clure,I cant see how he was an improvement on Doidge who threw himself at everything again yet gets subbed and replaced by the midget then we hoof over his head for the rest of the game.
Try watching the game then FFS.