Orient

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

bearaab wrote:Well if you're going to sack him for last season you do it in the summer. You would be sacking a guy 2 games into the season. Would be absolute madness.
But those that wanted him gone at the end of last season aren't going to suddenly change their minds, especially after the start to this season are they.
bearaab

No but its the clubs decision, not the fans. They decided to stick with him so to sack him after 2 games would be ridiculous.
leewilson

shoreyda2nd wrote:
Mark wrote:Can't fault the centre halves much aside from the pen, they were defending solidly for 90 mins.

We are very narrow and don't work hard enough to stop crosses. Neither winger did enough to help the full back and the centre of midfield is weak. If you play 2 in there they must be athletes like Ogogo and we don't have that.
Agree with this. Both these two and Partridge at Pompey have not done badly at centre back, they have nervy moments in possession but we haven't conceded because of this yet.

Tough decisions to make. Haven't got the legs in midfield to play 442 but I'm not sure JC can play up top on his own, particularly away from home.
JC played the lone role most of last season. Our 4-5-1 was pretty decent with Ogogo-Bingham-Howell and then Hemmings and another (Chambers/Jakubiak etc) wide.

We've played 4-4-2 against Pompey and Orient which is brave but a bit of an odd decision tactically when you consider we are leaving ourselves very open against two of the best sides in the league.

We need to revert to 4-5-1 really. Boucaud is also at his best in a three. When he was sold, we were told by County fans that he can't play in a two. We need to shove Richards in there with him and Ferdinand.

From what I saw tonight, give Jones a start at home and play Chambers on the other flank. I have no idea why Chambers was subbed over Hemmings today. He wasn't perfect but had far more intent on the ball and had a few good moments early on. It's very harsh to drop Doidge but it simply has to be done for tactical reasons.
Adrian

bearaab wrote:No but its the clubs decision, not the fans. They decided to stick with him so to sack him after 2 games would be ridiculous.
It probably would be. But that doesn't mean that fans shouldn't voice opinions.
SteveW

Oh look Adrian posting something negative, you dont see that happen too often.
SteveW

bloke down the pub wrote:Managers ,unlike wine do not improve with age.How long will we give this PLONKER ?
As long as you continue to plague this board.
admin
Site Admin

bearaab wrote:No but its the clubs decision, not the fans. They decided to stick with him so to sack him after 2 games would be ridiculous.
I agree with this. I can't stand Wayne and he never convinced me even towards the end of the season. But he has just signed a new contract and we have been given a tough first few games. We have been woeful and have rolled over so far but they are games we expected to lose anyway. So unfortunately the right thing to do is give him a bit more time.
Pondfield Dagger

burnett interview- excuses? `the first goal was offside, and for the third goal, the freekick was taken 5 yards out of position`.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33946874
Chigwellian

I think Stuart Smith is a very poor interviewer, he seems to put words into the interviewees mouth.
He did that a couple of times and both times ... And both times WB contradicted him.

SS seems to run his interviews in such a way which he thinks will 'please' WB, which makes me think he feels a little intimidated by him
Chigwellian

I think Stuart Smith is a very poor interviewer, he seems to put words into the interviewees mouth.
He did that a couple of times and both times WB contradicted him.

SS seems to run his interviews in such a way which he thinks will 'please' WB, which makes me think he feels a little intimidated by him
stanton101

I have to admit, I was stunned by the lack of activity on the bench yesterday, it was like a case of let's just keep the score down and wait for Tuesday. The midfields not too bad (when they put their mind to it!) the front two or one takes care of itself if the supply's ok, but the defence is awful. 10 goals in three games says it all Wayne.
redboy

I accept that our opening three matches have been against quality opponents. However we have contributed towards our own downfall by a combination of individual mistakes, poor tactics and strange team selection. Whatever happened to the underdog spirit, nullifying the opposition by adopting clever tactics or even rising to the occasion. Despite shipping 10 goals, part of me thinks that the attitude has been damage limitation.
leewilson

Pondfield Dagger wrote:burnett interview- excuses? `the first goal was offside, and for the third goal, the freekick was taken 5 yards out of position`.

Both valid to be fair. Just watched the highlights. McCullum is clearly offside for goal number 1 (although I thought yesterday he was level at the time from my angle) and the third free kick was helped by being moved into a realistic shooting position.

We'd have lost regardless but Wayne pretty much said that so I don't think he's making excuses, just pointing out the errors.
Richie

leewilson wrote:
Pondfield Dagger wrote:burnett interview- excuses? `the first goal was offside, and for the third goal, the freekick was taken 5 yards out of position`.

Both valid to be fair. Just watched the highlights. McCullum is clearly offside for goal number 1 (although I thought yesterday he was level at the time from my angle) and the third free kick was helped by being moved into a realistic shooting position.

We'd have lost regardless but Wayne pretty much said that so I don't think he's making excuses, just pointing out the errors.
Highlights on Player are much longer this year. Not exactly been matches for extended highlights but 10/11 minutes per match so far which is cool
Adrian

Do the Player highlights have a different angle to the highlights used on YouTube and by Football League Tonight? It's just that those don't show where Widdowson is, so I'm wondering how anyone can be sure whether or not the first goal is offside or not.