Abu Obileye

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Let's face it you only have to stand upright today to be worth a million, control and head a ball and you're up to 2 million. Run and cross a ball you're up to 5 million. Jones has a long long way to go yet, but as far as today's over inflated crazy market he's worth at least 2 million as it stands. Take as much as we can get for him now imo. It'll help the club in the long run.
Richie

stanton101 wrote:Let's face it you only have to stand upright today to be worth a million, control and head a ball and you're up to 2 million. Run and cross a ball you're up to 5 million. Jones has a long long way to go yet, but as far as today's over inflated crazy market he's worth at least 2 million as it stands. Take as much as we can get for him now imo. It'll help the club in the long run.
I'm as big a Jodi fan as anyone. But that's just stupid. Two mill!?
dagger4eva

Raheem sterling sold for almost 50mil (rightly or wrongly)

Hence, in todays 'market' - an exciting 17 yr old English prospect could easily be flounted for 500k-1mil
leewilson

Call it gut feeling or just a glimpse of something special but sometimes you spot something that makes you know whether you have a player or not. Jodi Jones is not a DJ Green, Alex Osborn or Dom Green. He is a special talent and providing he gets good advice and keeps grounded, I think he'll play Premier League football. I'll trust my eye with that one.
NickMurphy

Diggerthedog wrote:If we take £400k and Ayo on loan for a season we have been bent over and shafted. 47 scouts from different clubs have watched him he has got to be worth £1m minimum.
Here here.

We'd essentially be in the same position in a year or so if it's just a loan for Ayo. We should have no problem getting upwards of £700,000.
Richie

We shouldn't need Ayo in reality. Clevid, Nyron & Partridge should be good enough to cover us at cb with Gayle as 4th choice.

Would personally refuse Ayo and want more cash.
stanton101

I'm as big a Jodi fan as anyone. But that's just stupid. Two mill!?[/quote]

He's got good close ball control, he's quick and he's 17 and above all he's English. There's a whole host of clubs interested in him, so why shouldn't he be worth 2 million? Sterling went for 49 million and John stones is wanted by Chelsea for around 30 million. Madness I know, but someone will pay these prices. We shouldn't be interested unless the bidding starts at 1 million.
SteveW

stanton101 wrote:I'm as big a Jodi fan as anyone. But that's just stupid. Two mill!?
He's got good close ball control, he's quick and he's 17 and above all he's English. There's a whole host of clubs interested in him, so why shouldn't he be worth 2 million? Sterling went for 49 million and John stones is wanted by Chelsea for around 30 million. Madness I know, but someone will pay these prices. We shouldn't be interested unless the bidding starts at 1 million.[/quote]

I don't know if you've noticed but he's totally one footed. Charlton sussed him the other night, didn't let him cut in and he was totally anonymous. I'm not knocking the lad but there are not too many one footed players that make the big time. As for some of the prices being quoted here, this is the real world not championship manager.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Nobody is going to pay us anywhere near the money being suggested at this moment in time.

If he goes it will be with a big sell on clause aka Gayle. FFS GAYLE was at least proven at this level Jones is hardly that.

As Adrian rightfully suggest you can pick proven overseas players up for the sums being demanded here.

If I was advising him I would tell him to stay put and keep the faith in those who have got him this far.

Another year or so here where he looks like he is going to at least get a chance will do him the world of good.

Just another point , last year we moved a kid onto Reading for a sum of money, his the one I wanted to keep close tabs on and we did not even know his name. These scouts watching Jodi would not be the first time they heard about him I bet they had done their homework before we even knew his name.

When he does go with a sell on clause it has to be to the right Club where our coaches believe he is in good hands. A 100k less from the right Club may prove in the long run to be a far better deal for us , no good flogging him to a. Club where our People don't have faith in he set up
The Romford Dagger

250k + Ayo + 15% sell on (latter the main thing) and theres a deal. Push for him to be loaned back as well.

I read someone commented on this thread that 47 clubs have watched jodi. How do you know that if you don't mind me asking? The fact hes english means at 20 he'll sell for a couple million at least if he keeps progressing. Especislly because hes english.

Look at some of the players who have barely played properly for even 18 months professionally that - John Stones, Tyrone mings (apologies for the ipswich link :p ), sterling, joe gomez, harry kane, etc. These arent proven players but at the age older than jodi are being linked or sold still on potential. We are certainly not going to keep young jodi to 20 but could sell him for 200 k right now. Theefore, i say take that cash and the ayo inclusion and get a sell on. When he goes for more money in a couple of years time, we take a good chunk. Whereas we could try and hold out for 500k or something right now (maybe get it, who knows?) but then miss out in a couple years. Hes never going to sell for millions unless he moves from the championship approximately. The only exception to this is the lad from exeter grimes who sold big from league 2.

Anyway (waffled a bit), i think that the most important part of the transfer for us is getting 15% or 20% sell on and then for the transfer after that have 5% or 10% (just in case he does sell for the huge money at say 22 like harry kane seems set to).
PaulHornchurch

The three pre-season games I sat on the carling between dugouts and TBS. It was like a scouts convention. So many ex players who I recognised but couldn't remember names it was unreal. Peter Brabrook (West Ham), Mick Harford ( Millwall), Pat Holland (Spurs) and Ray Clemence were just some I did recognise.
Mikins

What doesnt add up to me is if players like Vardy can go for a million, if they think Jodi is Championship (or with the west ham bid) Premier League quality, surely we should be in line for more than 250k? West ham and Chartlon certainly cant plead poverty either.
Sorry about your damn luck!
matt_drfc

Ian Gayle has joined St. Albans on loan. Wouldn't be surprised if this Jodi/Ayo deal is very close.
Phippo

SteveW wrote:
stanton101 wrote:I'm as big a Jodi fan as anyone. But that's just stupid. Two mill!?
He's got good close ball control, he's quick and he's 17 and above all he's English. There's a whole host of clubs interested in him, so why shouldn't he be worth 2 million? Sterling went for 49 million and John stones is wanted by Chelsea for around 30 million. Madness I know, but someone will pay these prices. We shouldn't be interested unless the bidding starts at 1 million.
I don't know if you've noticed but he's totally one footed. Charlton sussed him the other night, didn't let him cut in and he was totally anonymous. I'm not knocking the lad but there are not too many one footed players that make the big time. As for some of the prices being quoted here, this is the real world not championship manager.[/quote]

If this is true, I'm not too sure Charlton noticed! If they did and still want him, then maybe they've noticed other assets he has! :D
PaulHornchurch

Ian and Adi were only two players with no squad number and names on shirts at open day two weeks ago so we're always going on loan. Once Adi is fit he will go as well