Cureton signs new 1 yr deal.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

To which I give you 5 home wins in 2014.
BillyC94

Mike the Dagger wrote:To which I give you 5 home wins in 2014.

I prefer to judge statistics season by season rather than a yearly basis which have no relevance as they combine two different seasons. This season we have won 17 out of 46 games which gives us a 36.95% win ratio as well as scoring 58 goals from 46 games averaging 1.27 goals per game. Not the most boring side by a long stretch. As I've stated previously if you'd like to tell me other factors other than winning football games and scoring goals that contribute to making the team more exciting enlighten me. I'm willing to admit chances created could be another factor that could make us more exciting although I don't have stats on that.
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94
Mike the Dagger

BillyC94 wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:To which I give you 5 home wins in 2014.

I prefer to judge statistics season by season rather than a yearly basis which have no relevance as they combine two different seasons. This season we have won 17 out of 46 games which gives us a 36.95% win ratio as well as scoring 58 goals from 46 games averaging 1.27 goals per game. Not the most boring side by a long stretch. As I've stated previously if you'd like to tell me other factors other than winning football games and scoring goals that contribute to making the team more exciting enlighten me. I'm willing to admit chances created could be another factor that could make us more exciting although I don't have stats on that.
After the 1-1 draw at Cambridge (which looked a decent result at the time, although they went on to be rubbish the rest of the season winning only 11 more points) I wrote....

Just in case we get too carried away with beating Man Utd on away goals...

In the last 8 games we have scored 2 (two) goals.

That is 2 (TWO) goals in 720 minutes of football.

In the last 8 games we have had 66 attempts on goal, 20 of which were on target.

That is 20 (twenty) shots on target in 720 minutes of football (one every 36 minutes).

That is "entertainment"???
DaggerSince92

Do you not understand the concept of form? Pretty much every side goes through bad form where they either can't hit a barn door and are leaking goals. Players that tend to entertain every week are playing at a higher level. I'd say from the end of January onwards I was entertained watching us play apart from a few games. Yes, 2014 was a poor year for our home form, but don't you think it's time to get over that and focus on our most recent form.

Also, when we are on form under Burnett, it's often much more enjoyable to watch because we do play some lovely stuff, like against Wimbledon and Accrington. I would like to see this happen more often of course, and hopefully if Bingham, Boucaud and Raymond stay, we've got players who are very much accustomed to play in this way.
Mike the Dagger

Yes, I understand form. Our home form for the whole of 2014 for instance, with very few exceptions, was totally rubbish.

Against Wimbledon we were totally under the cosh for the whole first half and very lucky to go in 1-0 up. Having got the second, then we played very well. Accrington had their flip flops on.

Let's wait and see.
steeevooo

So if we don't win then it's shit. If we do win then is cos of some fault of the opposition. I am a million miles away from being a Burnett fan, but seriously, when we win well at least give us credit for doing the job. You can only beat what's in front of you. Yes, we're all aware that at home in 2014 we barely beat a fly put in front of us, but at least give some credit in the more recent months when we have started doing so. I'm very Burnett skeptical as anyone that knows me will testify to, but credit where credits due for the results thus far in 2015, even though there is still definitely room for management improvement.
Mike the Dagger

steeevooo wrote:So if we don't win then it's shit. If we do win then is cos of some fault of the opposition. I am a million miles away from being a Burnett fan, but seriously, when we win well at least give us credit for doing the job. You can only beat what's in front of you. Yes, we're all aware that at home in 2014 we barely beat a fly put in front of us, but at least give some credit in the more recent months when we have started doing so. I'm very Burnett skeptical as anyone that knows me will testify to, but credit where credits due for the results thus far in 2015, even though there is still definitely room for management improvement.
Nope, never said that at all.
stanton101

At the end of the day we avoided the drop by some distance. We picked up 37 points from january, played some decent stuff, competed well in most games and all in all been quite entertaining. Like him or loathe him WB did a good job and deserves the credit some people find so hard to give. He's the manager for the next two years whether you like it or not, so either get behind him and the team or simply stay away, it's your choice.
DaggerJoel11

Mike the Dagger wrote:
steeevooo wrote:So if we don't win then it's shit. If we do win then is cos of some fault of the opposition. I am a million miles away from being a Burnett fan, but seriously, when we win well at least give us credit for doing the job. You can only beat what's in front of you. Yes, we're all aware that at home in 2014 we barely beat a fly put in front of us, but at least give some credit in the more recent months when we have started doing so. I'm very Burnett skeptical as anyone that knows me will testify to, but credit where credits due for the results thus far in 2015, even though there is still definitely room for management improvement.
Nope, never said that at all.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

stanton101 wrote:At the end of the day we avoided the drop by some distance. We picked up 37 points from january, played some decent stuff, competed well in most games and all in all been quite entertaining. Like him or loathe him WB did a good job and deserves the credit some people find so hard to give. He's the manager for the next two years whether you like it or not, so either get behind him and the team or simply stay away, it's your choice.
Whilst I agree with all you've said there Stanton,I disagree that everyone has to get behind the manager or stay away.You don't have to like it do ya ? I mean depending on your political persuasion you might say the same thing about the government we elected last week.Well I suppose you could leave the country if you aren't happy with the outcome but you're totally within your rights to stay and not like it and moan and moan till you get the result you want.

Just to clarify Im totally happy with how Wayne turned it round and he deserves and will get my full support....until we start losing again of course :lol:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

ARNU wrote:
stanton101 wrote:At the end of the day we avoided the drop by some distance. We picked up 37 points from january, played some decent stuff, competed well in most games and all in all been quite entertaining. Like him or loathe him WB did a good job and deserves the credit some people find so hard to give. He's the manager for the next two years whether you like it or not, so either get behind him and the team or simply stay away, it's your choice.
Whilst I agree with all you've said there Stanton,I disagree that everyone has to get behind the manager or stay away.You don't have to like it do ya ? I mean depending on your political persuasion you might say the same thing about the government we elected last week.Well I suppose you could leave the country if you aren't happy with the outcome but you're totally within your rights to stay and not like it and moan and moan till you get the result you want.

Just to clarify Im totally happy with how Wayne turned it round and he deserves and will get my full support....until we start losing again of course :lol:
Damn straight, I want us to go through the entire season at home undefeated. Anything less and wayne should be hunted down like a wild animal and beaten to death with sticks I tell ya :D
bearaab

I heard every time Wayne walks past a homeless man he looks the other way.