Zavon Hines - Stick or Twist

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Despite the fact he is supposedly on 'peanuts' - he hasn't played a single competitive game for us all season, and neither will he!

I understand we have the option to sign him up for a further year but given we supposedly stand to lose 300k this season, would you take this option up or cut our losses now... given the choice!?

I'd reluctantly be inclined to let him go
Dagger83

I can't believe anyone would consider renewing. We can't afford to take risks like this. I'd be interested to know how much he is on relative to the average squad member as I'd be surprised if it's as low as some have indicated but whatever it is, it's money that can be used elsewhere.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
stanton101

Not for me I'm afraid, as much as I think a fit zavon would benefit us in the long run. I wouldn't be prepared to risk a contract on what sadly has become an injury prone player. Lets face it, since Christmas our form has been pretty good so we haven't really missed him anyway. I'd be more worried about keeping as many of our current squad together for next year to be honest.
Diggerthedog

he signed a two year contract so we are stuck with him.
Lcbdagger

If I had even a single digit percentage belief that we will get back next season the player we had between August and Christmas last season I would say yes... sadly I don't see how this can be a realistic proposition. He would be kicked to pieces next season as he was after Christmas last time around and if his confidence doesn't disappear, more injuries would kick in.

Yes he may come back and proverbially bite us in the bum but we aren't running a financial surplus each year that can afford passengers... mentioned before that a true 442 with us can sometimes make us unbalanced in midfield but I would love to see a Daggers team with a true winger on both sides of the pitch rather than just on the left as we have now.
lupins

If it was an issue then of course we should retain

We are not so blessed with a bit of individualism that we should not be keen. It's not just about the actual end product which maybe at times could be better but the ability to hold the ball and make ground, win free kicks, worry the opposition and excite the crowd. Total no brainer
dagger4eva

Seems I was mistaken and the last deal was fully signed up for 2 years...

Bit of a shame but I guess just need to keep fingers crossed he can get fit, get a good pre season behind him and come back roaring to go!!
ChazmanQ

He has been unlucky with injuries this season. Can't help but think we'd be sniffing around the playoffs with a fully fit Zav in the side
ARNU

Twist.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

Get shot of him.

He'd been worked out be defenders before he got injured anyway, and I've said before that one of the first things to happen to him once he does return properly is that someone will take a booking to smash into his dodgy knee.
Lcbdagger

Adrian wrote:Get shot of him.

He'd been worked out be defenders before he got injured anyway, and I've said before that one of the first things to happen to him once he does return properly is that someone will take a booking to smash into his dodgy knee.
Couldn't agree more... I would eat Arnu's proverbial hat if we had him next season and got more than ten league games out of him
mickeyblue

Keep
On his day he best player club has

Oh and he got injured playing for us so think that deserves some loyalty

If rumours are true and he on play bonus then see no problem

Much better off getting shot of players not good enough.
but we finished 9th!
Kevin

Much better off having players that can...er...play!

If he'd come back at all this season, then maybe a decision to make..but he'll do well to kick a football again, let alone justify a contract extension.
SUSSEX DAGGER

He is signed for two years and he is here next season .
He is not far from full fitness I hear and could still make it back this season . The contract was all on our terms and if he wants to leave he has to buy it out. it's all performance related and there has been bigger waste of money, I. E Goldberg.
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:He is signed for two years and he is here next season .
He is not far from full fitness I hear and could still make it back this season . The contract was all on our terms and if he wants to leave he has to buy it out. it's all performance related and there has been bigger waste of money, I. E Goldberg.

And doidge..

Not a fan of Goldberg then Sussex?