Southend - Away Fans

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SteveW

admin wrote:
DI Mike Dashwood wrote:This really is a highly embarrassing thread on so many levels.

Firstly, why is anyone embarrassed by the number of people who come to watch us?? The reasons people don't come are various, but I wouldn't say any of these should lead to us as supporters becoming embarrassed about it!!!

Secondly, this whole "asbo", "dump", "caravan" thing is so cringey it is untrue. Do any of you know take a look around where our ground is and the surrounds?? Now it is not an issue to me, and not something I think about or would comment on, but to then start making comments about the Southend area and it's people is very very sad. I am not for one minute saying all of our support comes from areas directly around our ground, but neither would most club's in the modern world, including Southend. You do know that a lot of people who live in places like Southend moved there at some point to move out of the East End and surrounding areas for a more pleasant lifestyle don't you.

Thirdly (I know that's not a proper word), this talk of how many people have a second club to support is impossible to prove and also pointless!! Of course a large number of people who follow us have another Club (I don't) but is this a problem. And the same would apply to Southend, although I would say in all honesty it would be less of the case with them as they are a bigger Club, from a bigger town (in terms of no other clubs in immediate area) and have played several seasons in the last 25 years at a lot higher level. But so what. I would not have thought 95% of people who support Southend have another Club but who cares if they do.

And fourthly (which again, I know is not a word), is Shrimpy, or whatever your name is, there is lots of talk of numbers of fans etc but your maths are off. Our average HOME support is around 1,300, so we do indeed bring around 50% to you normally. Your average HOME support is not 6,000 but is more around 5,000. Now our end does not hold 2,500 (50% of this figure) but you will not bring the 1,500 you are allowed to on Saturday, I can almost guarantee. There is always talk of bringing this that and the other, but it rarely happens and it appears you have not even sold your seated allocation yet, so please cut the rubbish or move on.
I could pick this post apart easily.
Then why have you not done so?
shrimperama

All tickets are all but sold.

Seats gone.
Terrace have only been on sale 2hours and will hopefully be gone come 5pm.
ARNU

Id let Southend,Portsmouth and anyone else who could do it have 3000 tickets.Take the money and run I say.The old bill can more than cope with them and the reality is theres probably no more than about 10-15 total wankers amongst an otherwise sensible crowd.Nobody who's a proper hooligan would have Dagenham on its hit list of clubs to misbehave at.Plod would just nick them and get them banned.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
hockley dagger

shrimperama wrote:Of course we let away fans in but hardly any visit..
mainly cause its a shit hole lets be honnest
dagger4eva

Took the words right out of my mouth Hockley.

Probably the 2 worst away end in the football league just infront of Gillingham
IanC

make that 3 mate,pompeys end is a shitehole too!
shoreyda2nd

IanC wrote:make that 3 mate,pompeys end is a shitehole too!
Pompey isn't that bad inside the ground, it's from outside that it's a proper shithole (and of course in the toilets).
Southend is the worst I've been to, too many rows of seats given the depth of the stand.
shrimperama

You obviously havent been to wimbledon away or Accrington away or luton away.

The away end is not great but its not the worst be a country mile.

Plenty of seats for any team at this level.
stanton101

I must admit luton is a toilet.
ARNU

Happy to argue with,wind up and annoy shrimpy any day but I quite like Southends ground.Easy to park and I quite like the café in the away supporters bit,nice and warm on a cold day.Better than our dump all day long.

Don't go much on the team but who are we to pick holes in other teams grounds anyway,we are housed in a proper shithole in comparison.I've yet to visit a ground that id prefer ours to apart from Luton,that truly is the arsehole of the world,you can see it from space.
ARNU

With a capacity of 12500 Roots hall is on average 54% empty.

They should move into our ground,they couldn't fill it either :lol:
shrimperama

The capacity of roots hall is not 12500 as we have loads of restricted view and segregation seats that will never be sold. Even when we played man u and Chelsea we had 11400.

In reality there are only around 8500 home seats as the away end holds 2200 plus there are about 600-800 seats seperating the away end to the home end which never get filled.

In short we have about 3000 empty home seats each game and about 2000 empty away seats which never get filled.

Luton will be the only game this season anywhere near capacity.
NickMurphy

The whole of your bloody away end is restricted view.
ARNU

shrimperama wrote:The capacity of roots hall is not 12500 as we have loads of restricted view and segregation seats that will never be sold. Even when we played man u and Chelsea we had 11400.

In reality there are only around 8500 home seats as the away end holds 2200 plus there are about 600-800 seats seperating the away end to the home end which never get filled.

In short we have about 3000 empty home seats each game and about 2000 empty away seats which never get filled.

Luton will be the only game this season anywhere near capacity.

You telling me that if Southend ever become successful again you wont sell those 2000 seats.You don't need 800 seats to separate fans,you need 3 for that big fat bald plum who thinks hes a hooligan and about a block of maybe 100 between opposing fans.All the big teams just drape a tarpaulin over about 4 columns/rows to segregate supporters.3 seasons back we had about 10 yards separating us from fatty and his mates and that bit where they all are now was empty instead.I bet even if you had Chelsea you couldn't fill your bit of the ground and you'd restrict Chelsea to 2500 anyway cos they really would kick off all over the place.Unlike us civilised lot.
shrimperama

It's been that way for years and tbh makes no odds in league two or league one. It was the same set up in the championship and we sold out the home ends regularly. We hit the 11400 on a handful of occasions.

We have been trying to get a new stadium of the ground for years but with a chairman like ours it will probably never happen and doubt we will need a stadium with a 22k capacity.