Southend - Away Fans

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

ChazmanQ wrote:Little too hostile on here to be honest
Haha time for another new forum? :lol:
The Romford Dagger

Dagger83 wrote:Why? We should welcome others posting on here.
Ok fair enough you've got a point. But that stops when his being raises the tensions on here but alright I'll give him the benefit.
matt_drfc

admin wrote:One thing is for sure, it's vital that we have a decent home attendance on Saturday otherwise we could end up looking daft. Southend look certain to sell out, The only reason I think they haven't already is because some of them are (understandably) desperate for terrace tickets rather than seats.
Your obsession with attendances is incredible.
Adrian

The Romford Dagger wrote:
Ok fair enough you've got a point. But that stops when his being raises the tensions on here but alright I'll give him the benefit.
How does him being here raise tension? Other than some of our supporters being stupid enough to over-react?
admin
Site Admin

matt_drfc wrote:
admin wrote:One thing is for sure, it's vital that we have a decent home attendance on Saturday otherwise we could end up looking daft. Southend look certain to sell out, The only reason I think they haven't already is because some of them are (understandably) desperate for terrace tickets rather than seats.
Well I'm not going to lie I do speak about attendances a fair bit. But that's because our attendances are laughable and make us look stupid towards the other teams is this league. That's not a criticism to fans that do attend, I just think more needs to be done to help a poor average attendance. Don't forget it also has a negative effect on the playing budget.

It's something I feel strongly about so I could go on for a while. Feel free to call it an obsession but the fact is I'm highlighting the clubs biggest problem
The Romford Dagger

Adrian wrote:
How does him being here raise tension? Other than some of our supporters being stupid enough to over-react?
Well there would be no hint of the row that's brewing if he weren't here..
ChazmanQ

Where is the face palm smiley?!
matt_drfc

admin wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
Well I'm not going to lie I do speak about attendances a fair bit. But that's because our attendances are laughable and make us look stupid towards the other teams is this league. That's not a criticism to fans that do attend, I just think more needs to be done to help a poor average attendance. Don't forget it also has a negative effect on the playing budget.

It's something I feel strongly about so I could go on for a while. Feel free to call it an obsession but the fact is I'm highlighting the clubs biggest problem
Why are they laughable? We don't have thousands of fans, so what? Attendances are seriously irrelevant, of course we'd all like it to be better for the clubs budget but that's the world we are in, it's expensive for a lot of people, easier to watch Sky Sports and we're in an area where West Ham is a few miles down the road. Attendances don't define a club. Being worried about them outnumbering us, who actually cares? They're in the same league as us at the end of the day.
matt_drfc

Adrian wrote:
I agree with Adrian. Yes I know.
admin
Site Admin

Even if we got 2000 every week (which is still pretty poor) I would shut up moaning about it. But you only have to read what other clubs say when they talk about us and we are being laughed at because of it. It is embarrassing really. And having more away fans at a game is particularly embarrassing. The positive I can take from it is, that is incredible the position we are in considering such poor attendances.
dagger4eva

1) ADMIN - I dont know what planet youre living on but really struggling to understand your concept of how our LOYAL home support of 1500 is embarassing. As mentioned, it is what it is despite ****** knows how many various initiatives to get more fans converted. Until results AND entertainment pick up - and fingers crossed both are starting to, we will remain to be one of the more lesser supported clubs in the football league.
If you genuinely are "embarassed" by it may I suggest you are supporting the wrong club.

2) call me a cynical victor meldrew in my old age but when did it become acceptable to openly chant to a person that he is a paedophile???
I've done and said more than my fair share of silly things in my time and also got involved in some silly chants but openly and blatantly slating a man who happens to manage an opposition team as a paedo just doesnt sit right with me.
I guess its just "banter" .... right ... ?

Rant over - good night
stanton101

When you consider we've been around for 25 years and southend have been around for 4 times that amount, it shows just how far we've come and how far they have stalled. If anything it's them that should be embarrased.
Sure they may have more support but what exactly have they done to reward them, f..k all by the looks if it. On saturday they play little ole Dagenham on a football pitch in league 2, bravo southend you truly have come a long way. COYD.
matt_drfc

admin wrote:Even if we got 2000 every week (which is still pretty poor) I would shut up moaning about it. But you only have to read what other clubs say when they talk about us and we are being laughed at because of it. It is embarrassing really. And having more away fans at a game is particularly embarrassing. The positive I can take from it is, that is incredible the position we are in considering such poor attendances.
How can you really be bothered by what other fans say?
Like dagger4eva says if you're embarrassed then you're supporting the wrong club.
shrimperama

Yes we are in the same league and I am genuinely pleased that daggers are again pulling away from danger.

We are happy with who we are and I'm happy with fourth spot and a chance of the autos.

I don't see Dagenham as a Derby but I am enjoying see col u and orient struggle.

Don't feel sorry for us. We are all in the same league and that includes pompey.

I don't know why Phil Brown gets so much stick. He is a good manager and decent bloke. I'm sure you wouldn't be to upset if he took the reigns at your club.
Dagger83

This place gets more embarrassing by the day.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.